1.22.2011

Geometrización de la naturaleza


Héctor Fuenmayor, de la serie Buddy Tree (2007)
Exposición en el Centro de Arte los Galopones.
Héctor Fuenmayor, from the series Buddy Tree (2007)

"La geometrización de la naturaleza," (geometrization of nature) -- how smart does that sound! -- that I quote from the curator.


I took a Venezuelan art history class in college and loved, LOVEEED it. So this is a picture I took at an exposition we went to (field trip!) of Venezuelan contemporary art. It was definitely my favorite, I liked it because it was sooo different, beautiful and peaceful. I asked the curator what it meant, and he talked whilst I nodded wisely, and commented with intellectual phrases such as, "ahh ok ok" and "ummhmm"-- yeah très smart, I know! One of the many interesting things he said though, was that the tree is from the same species under which Buddha reached enlightenment (Bodhi tree). Notice the play in words??


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...